Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mileage credit for involuntary re-route

Mileage credit for involuntary re-route?
Complicated mileage credit question. I booked a multi-legged flight all on one ticket with Delta flying on Delta, United, and Continental. On my return flights home using United and Continental, my flight from O'Hare to Tampa was delayed, causing me to miss my Continental flight from Tampa to Jacksonville (JAX). Continental had no other direct flights that Friday night or that weekend, so United re-routed me on Delta, going from Tampa to Atlanta and then to JAX. Can I get frequent flyer credit from any of the airlines involved, likely either United or Delta? If so, what do I need to do? I have the involuntary re-route "receipt" from United and the Delta boarding passes.
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you were originally ticketed on United and we had to re-route you on another Airline you can get credit for your miles. Send a copy of your re-route receipt to the Mileage Plus Service center for your credit. United Mileage Plus Service Center PO Box 6120 Rapid City SD 57709-6120
2 :
Because it was a Continental ticket ( if I am reading that correctly) Delta and Continental partner with their programs. I would mail in your Delta Boarding passes with a note with your name and One pass account number to make sure you get the credit Postal Mail OnePass Service Center P.O. Box 4658 Houston, TX 77210-4658

Search News