Tuesday, June 21, 2011

what time should I show up to the airport

what time should I show up to the airport?
I've flown allot before but tomorrow is the first time I'm going by myself from Detroit to Tampa and the flight leaves at 5:20 I'm 17 years old and I live maybe 10min from the airport if that, so what time should I leave for the airport.
Air Travel - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
4.40
2 :
Probably leave around 4:15-4:30. You want to get there about a half hour-forty five minutes early just to be safe. Have a safe flight!
3 :
Leave 2 hours before the flight, this may sound stupid but you could miss it due to unforeseen problems. eg. car, baggage issues.
4 :
Plan to be checking in no later than 4:20 - you never know what kinds of issues you might run into. So I would leave your house no later 4 to head to the airport, just to play it safe. I myself usually err on the side of being too early, so I'd probably leave even earlier if it were me.
5 :
Best to plan to be at the airport no later than 2 hours prior to departure. Without knowing how the traffic is and where you live, its hard for those of us in internet-land to give you a realistic time to leave your house.
6 :
leave around 4. You need to be at the airport at least an hour before the flight leaves.
7 :
I would arrive at least 2 hours before your flight. Detroit is a busy hub for Northwest/Delta Airlines. You don't know how long the security line will be or how long the lines will be to check-in. My recommendation is leave at 3:00. You never know how traffic will be. Also see how well the roads are plowed. People may be driving a bit slower due to the snow on the ground.
8 :
I would leave at 3:30 (from your house).

Search News